Suggested books will be reviewed with the following criteria in mind:
- Be academically oriented.
- Promote reading, critical thinking, information literacy and discussion skills
- Bring students, faculty and staff together around a common intellectual activity.
- Focus on a theme or themes generated from the selected work.
- Incorporate a range of activities around the selected work (including, but not limited to, a convocation).
- Be accessible, widely available, available electronically, and available in multiple formats so as to accommodate disabilities, etc.
- Be affordable (purchase cost of the book, speakers' fees associated with the author or experts on the text, etc.).