OC-AUC offers undergraduate students up to five-year scholarships to public/private high school graduates from eight governorates in upper Egypt: Assiut, Aswan, Bani Suef, Fayoum, Luxor, Minya, Qena, and Sohag to start in the academic year 2021-2022.
OC-AUC students will be required to study economics major at AUC, foreseeing that this will contribute to Egypt's development.
Applicants must fulfill the below criteria:
- Egyptian students from the following governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Bani Suef, Minya, Sohag, Fayoum, Qena, Luxor, and Aswan
- Demonstrate financial need
- High school graduates (public or private) in AY 20-21
- Declare in economics major
- A minimum score of 85 percent in Thanawiya Amma or its equivalent in any other certificates
- Excellent English language skills
- Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and writing a score of 6 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 76 and writing score of 20
- Very good communication skills and presentation skills
- Leadership potential and active participation in community service and school activities
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition and fees
- Book allowance
- Housing in a double room at the AUC dorms
- Living allowance
- AUC transportation
- A competitive opportunity to study a year abroad at the University of Chicago provided that the student meets the university eligibility requirements
Complete and submit the scholarship interest form.
Deadline for spring 2022: Extended till December 6, 2021.
To check other vacant scholarships, click here.