Sports Achievement Scholarship for Non-Egyptian Students
To be eligible:
- You must participate in sports including, but not limited to, basketball, swimming, judo, rowing, tennis, handball or squash.
- You must not be awarded any other full-tuition scholarship from the University.
- You may also qualify for the Sports Achievement Scholarship if you have competed in one of the below-mentioned junior championships (less than 18 years), provided that the championship was held during the previous year.
- Students who joined the University with no Sports Achievement Scholarship can apply the following year according to the below criteria:
1. Students who subsequently realized a position in the annual National Universities Tournament (Shahid El Refaii) as per the below table may submit the certificates obtained from the Egyptian University Sports Federation to the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships and be granted the scholarship the following fall semester.
2. Students who subsequently realized a position as per the below table may submit the certificates obtained from the Sports Federation to the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships and apply for a Sports Achievement Scholarship starting second year of admission. Students will be granted the scholarship on the semester of submission of required documents, provided that they should have been participating since admission in all AUC tournaments, both national and international.
3. Students who play sports that are not listed in or organized by the Egyptian University Sports Federation such as golf, equestrian, or water ballet, and who have not realized a position in the annual National Universities Tournament (Shahid El Refaii), may submit another certificate with evidence of continued success from federation of the game every academic year, until their graduation, to the Office of Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships.
- You must meet the following level of distinction in your final secondary school year:
|Type of Championship||Position|
|National Championship||Up to Second||
Up to First
|Arab Games||Up to Second||Up to Second|
|African or Mediterranean Games||Up to Third||Up to Second|
|Olympic Games or World Championship||Up to Fourth||Up to Third|
You should bring an official stamped certificate from the federation of your type of sport, proving that you have participated in an official national tournament that covers the whole state or country, or have represented your country in an official international championship.
The official certificate should be approved by either the Olympic committee or the ministry concerned with sport affairs in the country where the tournament took place.
Finally, the certificate should also be approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of your country.
To renew your sports achievement award you must:
- Maintain a grade point average of not less than 2.0
- Maintain full-time status (be registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester)
- Continue to participate in the National Universities Tournament
- Meet all other award terms stated in your award letter
Additional 15 Percent Sports Scholarship Award
Additional funds through the Sports Achievement Scholarship program are available for students who place in the top five at recognized world championships in selected sports. These annual awards are up to an additional 15 percent of tuition, for a total of a 30 percent scholarship award, Evidence of continued success on the international level is required to renew the additional portion of the scholarship.
The Office of Athletics will review all documents submitted to qualify for this additional portion of the scholarship. Official communication certifying the rank in international events must be submitted from the international organization sponsoring the competition and/or the Olympic committee of the applicant’s home country. Further information about the process and criteria may be directed to the Office of Athletics.
To view the list of sports considered and classified as individual or team sports, click here.
Your application and documents proving your sports achievement levels will be reviewed by the Office of Athletics and evaluated by a committee.
Complete an application through Banner Self-Service and submit supporting documents to the Student Service Center.
The scholarship application for Spring 2017 will be available for all degree-seeking undergraduates starting October 2, 2016 until November 3, 2016.
For application instructions and tips, click here.