Senior Network Storage Administrator – University Technology Infrastructure (UTI) (50006417)
Reports to: Associate Director, UTI – Systems and SAN
Purpose: The senior network storage administrator is responsible for the designing, operating, and managing of the SAN storage solutions in both New Cairo Campus and Tahrir Square Campus in addition to short and long-term planning that would have a direct effect on storage plans to be applied in order to enhance the networking storage area.
- Designing, operating and managing the networking storage solutions in both New Cairo Campus and Tahrir Square Campus with SAN, NAS, and backup operations including offsite and networking storage.
- Architect, implement and maintain complex enterprise storage area networks and data backup and recovery for AUC applications such as SAP, banner, fundal, Documentum, databases, VMware, blackboard, and others
- In collaboration with other architecture and engineering teams (system engineering, database administration, network services, and application development/managers), analyze and design enterprise storage systems used for customer data management, high transaction database processing, and storage. Manage the subsequent implementation, documentation, and maintenance of such systems
- Plan and design solutions on how to save AUC backups that saves AUC data from being lost if a problem happened to the application, servers or natural disasters that could affect main AUC applications
- Gains an understanding of the business operations, strategy and competitive and market trends
- Prepare networking storage solutions budget (hardware, software, maintenance, and replacement)
- Prepare with the UTI director networking storage short-term (yearly) and long-term plans that could be applied to enhance the networking storage area to achieve the highest levels of business flexibility and availability
- Managing the data security with the help of the operation security team and review it with the data owner and develop policies for data access.
- Develop networking storage policies and procedures including backup/ recovery policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage with data owners and application managers backup/recovery drills to make sure the data is correct and safe
- Managing, monitoring, evaluating and enhancing the use of the SAN and NAS storages used to serve the AUC community
- Use the networking storage solutions technology to extend the lifespan and improve the value of equipment already in place, and increase the resource utilization
- Work with IT administration to decide, design and implement the AUC disaster recovery and business continuity sites so that AUC main applications are always available in all cases
- Doing research and development for new technologies that could be applied in the networking storage solutions to enhance the services
- Coordinate with the servers, network services, telecommunication and security groups, to ensure the reliability and the accessibility of the data including physical connections and communication protocols between servers and storage devices
- Manages staff assignments and deliverables, ensuring quality, accuracy, and timeliness
- Responsible for maintaining the offsite backup copy of AUC’s information system
- On-call, standby 24 hours a day, seven days a week for any technical problem or any disaster that might happen
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree preferably in computer science or computer engineering
- Additional training in the storage networking technology is required
- At least five to eight years of experience in networking storage and related felids including networks, systems, and business applications
- Proven track record in a management position managing IT projects in a complex, diverse and challenging business and IT environment
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Excellent technical knowledge of computer networks, system, business applications
- Solid experience in managing large computer centers
- Effective coordination, team building, and problem-solving skills
- Fluent spoken and written the English Language
- Excellent documentation and writing skills
- Excellent knowledge for ITIL processes
The position is open until October 31, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50006417 Senior Network Storage Administrator” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."