Senior Officer, Talent Management, Office of Human Resources (10000965 )
Reports to: Talent Management Director
Purpose: The Senior Officer, Talent Management is responsible for leading initiatives to recruit the right people at the right time and in the right place, branding AUC as an Employer of Choice, monitor turnover rates and propose solutions for recruiting challenges. In addition, the holder of this position is responsible for developing and maintaining organization charts; performance appraisals, training & development and job descriptions for assigned area(s).
- Participate in building strong relationships internally with staff and faculty as well as externally with recruitment agencies and universities in order to attract new calibers and fresh graduates.
- Participate in branding AUC as an Employer of Choice through networking and participating in events, recruitment campaigns and job fairs.
- Investigate and use internet sourcing websites and registers in the appropriate to use their databases.
- Manage the recruitment process of the assigned area, and review identified employment needs against budget limitations. Follow up on the recruitment process implementation and report progress periodically; posting announcements, screening application forms, shortlisting applicants, conducting interviews, and selecting candidates.
- Conduct reference and background checks, if needed, prior to employment of the candidate.
- Produce vacancies report using SAP, and verify it with Staff Affairs transaction report and the Budget Office.
- Acts as the process owner for SAP in the Organization Management, for the assigned area.
- Use SAP to create new positions, run headcount, budget and vacancy reports.
- Conduct exit interviews to assess employee attitudes and concerns.
- Manage and execute the Onboard process for newly hired employees.
Job Descriptions, Organization Charts, Training, and Development and Performance Appraisals:
- Work with department’s managers to identify organizational and employee’s individual developmental requirements/ plans that align with university strategy for the assigned area.
- Plan and implement the training programs with all its logistics for the assigned area.
- Evaluate training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, and handouts and monitor training costs for the assigned area.
- Develop, enhance, implement and monitor the annual performance appraisals.
- Coordinate the performance appraisal process; generate the budget report from SAP to prepare lists of personnel to be evaluated.
- Review and validate performance appraisal ratings against the rating sheets to check consistency, lack of discrepancy and ensure a normal distribution bell curve in the overall rating of the office/ department/ school/area.
- Resolve PA conflicts by setting meetings with all the concerned parties to finalize the issue in cooperation with the Ombuds office for discussion and recommendations.
- Develop, update, maintain and analyze organizational structure (charts), responsibilities, job descriptions, and operating procedures and recommend suggestions for improvement for the assigned area/ department.
- Develop, update, maintain and analyze the organizational structure, responsibilities, job descriptions and operating procedures and recommend suggestions for improvement for the assigned area/department.
- Assist in the development of succession planning for key management positions and for each administrative and operations department.
- Work on special projects that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of HR processes.
- Provide accurate, responsive and efficient HR consultation to different department and offices regarding university's policies in terms of HR functions as compensation, performance management, recruitment/retention, policy development/interpretation, conflict resolution/mediation communication.
- Coordinate activities, resources, equipment and information for ongoing projects
- Coordinate and lead Project stakeholders to identify and define project requirements, scope, and objectives
- Make sure that other project peers are meeting their deadlines and help them whenever needed
- Help in preparing project proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget
- Monitor and track the project’s progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports
Minimum education requirement:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- HR certification (HR Diploma or CPHRC) is recommended
- Minimum 10 years experience in a multi-cultural environment with particular emphasis on HR functions
- Experience staffing/recruiting within an education industry is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients and take initiatives
- High level of management, leadership, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate, including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Org Plus or Visio and SAP is a must
The position is open until October 4, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10000965 Senior Officer, Talent Management” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”