Rapid Response Specialist, Classroom Technologies and Media Services (50016451 )
Reports to: Classroom Technologies and Media Services Manager
Purpose: The Rapid Response Specialist has the prime responsibility for rapidly responding to new, known or suspected problems impacting the operation of technology and audio/visual equipment and programs in classrooms, labs, offices, and events venues in AUC campuses. Assists users in critical situations to provide workable solutions or workarounds to system malfunctions or shortfalls. Diagnose, modify, work-around or provide a functional alternative whenever possible, including the identification, coordination and reassignment to an alternative working space when necessary and feasible. Coordinate and communicate with IT service providers to reach an immediate solution to problems.
- First level responsibility for maintaining the operational status of all classroom technology and PCs in all supported locations around AUC Campuses.
- Correct or provide workable solutions for IT equipment in classrooms, labs offices and event venues around campuses.
- Document and communicate both temporary and permanent changes.
- Advise, recommend, price, and spec system improvements, upgrades, or changes.
- Recommend, identify, and locate potential, yet cost-effective IT and audio/visual technology enhancements.
- Assist in the development of IT equipment life-cycle repair and replacement schedules
- Participate in short and long range system planning in relation to IT mission.
- Maintain personal training and cross-training goals.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum education requirement: University degree, preferably engineering or IT related.
- Advanced technical and situational diagnosis skills
- Deal with varying clients including those that may be upset
- Minimum three years recent experience supporting related systems
- Work knowledge of safety issues
- Experience utilizing specialist installation techniques
- Ability to perform in high-stress situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve system malfunctions under pressure
- Ability to understand, analyze and evaluate architectural drawings of electrical, data, telephony, signal, HVAC diagrams and tables
- Ability to install and maintain integrated control systems
- Ability to manage complex signal flow plans
- Ability to fabricate as-needed cabling and wiring assemblies in a safe and specialist manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Operational proficiency in all equipment and services described in Principal Accountabilities
- Intermediate spoke and written English and Arabic
- Ability to work well with other campus service departments
- Computing skills as described in CTMS Staffing-Plan (Advanced)
Position is open until October 4, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50016451 Rapid Response Specialist” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”