Officer, HUSS Student Services, Office of the Dean (HUSS) (10001049)
Reports to: The Assistant Dean
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for student services in the HUSS Dean’s Office. Dealing with students petitions, complaints and handle the academic forms on the school level. Provide support for the Office of the Dean in processing academic forms and requests. Work with the Dean, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean and other offices (Registrar, Office of Admission, Office of the Dean of Graduate studies…etc.) in the provision of efficient flow of work at the School and University levels. The job holder will be also providing administrative support to the HUSS Dean’s Office if Necessary.
- Handle assistantship contracts in coordination with the HUSS departments and the Office of the Dean of Graduate studies.
- Administer thesis submission process on the school level. Acting as PPoC between the Dean’s office, The Registrar, The library, and the office of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Manage the online re-admission and the Routing systems for students’ applications on the school level to ensure accuracy of the admission process.
- Handle the process of Scholars Without Stipend on the school level. Assist in the processing of DVPs/ DVRs.
- Manage and Process all student petitions, forms and requests that need the Dean’s approval. Review and revise documentation to ensure accuracy of information. Coordinate with the Registrar and HUSS departments. Manage and process students’ complaints.
- Coordinate and track all the graduate fellowships at the school level. Coordinate between departments and the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Manage and maintain the office's filing system including confidential records: academic, graduate and undergraduate students (petitions, change of grade, re-admission), faculty (full-time/adjunct) and staff. Automate and update the new online filling system to ensure efficient data retrieval and sharing.
- Act as coordinator between Students clubs and organizations (such as MAL, MUN, MUSICANA, Theatre Club…etc) and the Dean’s Office.
- Handle the Logistics of HUSS Dean’s Office events. Provide logistical support to HUSS Departments in regard to their events and lectures.
- Perform confidential administrative functions for the Dean's office.
- Assist the Dean of HUSS preparing for the graduate and undergraduate committee meetings. Helping taking notes and updating our procedural manual. Inform the Departments with new decisions, regulations and policies.
- Oversee and execute the following tasks in the HUSS Dean’s Office:
- Respond to telephone inquiries and forward calls to appropriate channels.
- Type and translate (when needed) correspondence.
- Draft important memos, letters, and emails.
- Manage all HUSS Dean’s office mail (internal, local & international).
- Maintain office supplies inventory and oversee office maintenance orders and create relevant PRs on SAP.
- Process security permits, travel arrangements, meeting logistics and room reservations.
- Organize and execute university tours for guests and visitors at the HUSS Dean’s office.
- Manage staff leaves on SAP system.
- Provide administrative support, attending and minute taking to the Academic Affairs Committee (AAC).
- Perform any other appropriate duties assigned by the Dean.
- Communicate all requested information, updates and errors of the HUSS website with the Communications office.
- Gather and update information of the HUSS webpages (data and images).
- Ensure that the HUSS nine departments are updating their webpages regularly.
- Edit PowerPoint presentations and other promotional materials when required.
Editorial and Writing tasks:
- Write proposal drafts and prepare presentations needed for the Dean’s office.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor Degree is required
Experience: Minimum of nine years of experience with three in administrative work
Experience in SAP system, Banner and Documentum is an asset
- Strong writing and editing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Creative, flexible and self-motivating.
- Demonstrated IT background and ability to manage all graphic designs is a plus
- Adobe Skills is preferably
- Creative, flexible and self-motivating.
Position is open until September 27, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001049 Officer, HUSS Student Services” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”