Office Clerk I, Department of Career Center (10001500 )
Reports to: Senior officer, Events & Administration
Purpose: The office clerk is primarily responsible for providing the clerical support to the career services operation related to the office’s daily functions and ongoing events/programs.
- Organize/maintain office storage including career magazines, envelopes, fair material and other office supplies
- Track office storage consumption and keep supervisor updated to ensure timely ordering of required office supplies and career brochures/flyers.
- Provide logistics support to all career events such as semi-annual employment fair, career conference, career day, career development workshops, in addition to 40 corporate on-campus interviewing/recruiting visits and on-campus career-related awareness booths. Those tasks take place before, after and during each event
- Receive the office publications from the print shop and placing them in the stores
- Handle the logistics for any office mailings as needed
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, workshops, events, etc.
- Provide general clerical support to the entire career center operation
- Duplicate documents as requested
- Deliver the payment requests to the controller office and submit cash payments at the CIB bank on campus
- Supervise and assign tasks to custodial staff under his/her supervision during events
- In absence of student representatives, greet center visitors and respond to their inquiries
- Provide hospitality service to career center visitors as needed
- Supervise office cleaning personnel and ensure cleanliness/tidiness of the career center at all times
- Hang all banners and posters of career events at the office bulletin boards throughout the year
- Distribute flyers of events at the university entrances and on campus
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis
- Carry additional functions as requested by supervisor
Minimum education requirement: Intermediate Diploma
Experience: Three to five years experience in clerical functions.
- Excellent communication skills and good teamwork abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Accuracy and details-oriented
- Excellent command of Arabic
- Good command of understanding English preferred
Position is open until September 18, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001500 Office Clerk I” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."