Research Officer (Grant Position) (50029859 )
Reports to: Main Researcher
Purpose: The Research Officer will be responsible for conducting desk research and analysis during the first phase of the research as well as providing assistance during the implementation of the awareness-raising and capacity-building campaigns during the second phase of the Research.
- Mapping and analysis of the relevant international and regional conventions, bilateral agreements and domestic laws and write research reports on findings
- Conduct interviews with various stakeholders: policy-makers and governments officials as well as staff of international and local civil society organizations
- Transcribe interviews regularly after each interview
- Assist in organizing the public conference, workshops and local community events
Minimum education requirement: Master’s Degree in a relevant field of the humanities and social sciences
Experience: Experience in research, in particular with qualitative research methods
- Excellent drafting and editing skills
- Knowledge of migration-related issues particularly with regard to the Middle East and North Africa region
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English
- Working knowledge of the Arabic language
Position is open until September 11, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50029859 Research Officer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”