Coordinator I, The Writing Competition, Office of Undergraduate Research (temporary position for nine months) 50030944
Reports to: Assistant Professor
Purpose: The job holder will help with the day-to-day operations of the writing competition project that is initiated by the provost that aims to support and recognize excellence in English language writing among undergraduate students at AUC.
• Close coordination and communication with the two members of faculty chairing the project:
- Undertaking the day-to-day running of the project
- Support the chairs in successfully delivering the first cycle
- Undertaking tasks assigned, reporting on a daily basis
- Communicating and coordinating the work of the junior coordinators
• Acting as a main contact person for all inquiries related to the project from students, faculty, practitioners and service providers.
• Help plan, manage and oversee student information sessions and writing workshops:
- 15 workshops that will involve five faculties, five public practitioners and anything between 100-200 students.
• The coordinator will be responsible for logistics and overseeing the successful delivery by providing support to the faculty, practitioners and student participants
• The main contact point for students involved in the workshops to help them arrange access to equipment and coordinate submissions
• Initiate and sustain outreach with campus publications and student associations:
- Through arranging articles about different kinds of multi-modal writing with other writers
- Also for promotional articles and short features to be written for student publications
• Manage a team of four undergraduate coordinators (four appointed) and student volunteers (when relevant)
• Assist the marketing team in keeping the competition’s social media presence live through:
- Providing the marketing team with timely information on workshop progress, and student projects in progress
- Ensure that project information is readily available for dissemination to campus wide social media i.e. provision of relevant content and its dissemination.
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree is required
Experience: Three to five years of relevant experience, an awareness of AUC student writing cultures and a sensitivity to the range of writing, abilities, skills and challenges of students across all disciplines is a plus.
- High level of oral and written communication including report writing in English is a must
- Create and maintain accurate databases
- Handle queries and requests for information competently
- Communicate clearly and professionally with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to manage the budget operations
- Ability to work independently and show initiative and timeliness in communication
Position is open until August 26, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030944 Coordinator I, The Writing Competition” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."