Technology Solutions Director, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (10001729 )
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Purpose: The director (solution architect) ERP portfolio, is responsible for delivering multi-scale, complex financial and HR solutions that reflect best-practice business process and leverage the latest tools and methodologies on the technology platform to achieve high performing business operations. Manages the portfolio of projects and the team delivering its execution.
Reporting to the CTO, this key position is responsible for all aspects of the ERP applications landscape, including maintenance and support of the businesses and locations currently on ERP, as well as expansion of the baseline solution. This position will work closely with senior leaders, internal and external to IT to ensure an alignment of IT personnel and services with business priorities. This position will drive consistent business interaction / prioritization as well as robust workload and resource management processes across the organization, resulting in predictable, measurable delivery.
- Understand the AUC strategy and align the investments in our ERP systems to ensure that AUC remains at the forefront of exploiting the latest techniques to support changing business needs.
- Provide leadership to the ERP Portfolio, over-seeing the migration of legacy solutions to the ERP platform, while providing sustaining support to the business units already deployed on ERP
- Responsible for all operational management activities including providing guidance and assistance to the team for problem solving and resolution
- Develops strong business relationships and works collaboratively with the business leaders to ensure alignment of business priorities to IT deliverables, by prioritizing requests, resources, and deliverables throughout the solution implementation lifecycle
- Leads teams to deliver high quality well designed solutions based on best practices
- Develops and grows the existing applications systems team into a high performance, efficient and effective team
- Provides coaching, mentoring/guidance and leadership to the applications team
- Review performance of the ERP applications landscape to determine operating costs, productivity levels and upgrade requirements
- Benchmark, analyze, communicate, make recommendations and execute actions to ensure currency of the applications landscape
- Collaborate with IT leaders to identify, recommend, implement and support cost effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Understand and make recommendations on technical software design and specifications
- Communicate project milestones, key accomplishments to the IT leaders and Steering Teams on a regular basis
- Responsible for ensuring change management processes are implemented and followed
- Develop relationships and work collaboratively with the vendors and external technology partners to ensure service level agreements are adhered to for hosted solutions
- Perform other duties as appropriate in support of AUC’S strategic initiatives
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree, Masters or equivalent in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 12 years of ERP experience, preferably in the education sector
- Knowledge and experience with the core ERP functional modules
- Experience and ability in development of techniques, methods and evaluation criteria for products, projects and people
- Dynamic leader with proven capabilities in building high performance teams and delivering expected results in complex environments
- Extensive understanding and experiences in successfully implementing application design, development and testing methodologies and practices
- Strong business acumen with significant business interaction experience, including establishing and managing relationships across all levels of the business
- Strong functional, organizational and communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively meet deadlines and milestones
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment with continuous challenges
- Proven understanding and utilization of best practice solutions to drive predictable outcomes
- Ability to effectively oversee and manage external partner relationships, contracts and service agreements
- Demonstrated ability to work on and lead complex issues through closure, through analysis of situations, based on data and facts
- Experience in interacting with senior leadership in establishing strategic plans, communicating status of key initiatives, including making recommendations and/or attempt to influence decisions in the best interest of AUC
- Ability to step in and lead large, complex (ERP) initiative is a must
Position is open until September 30, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001729 Technology Solutions Director, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) ” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."