Senior Manager, Initiatives and Coopetition for Creativity, Fine, and Performing arts - Associate Provost for Research, Innovation and Creativity (50030800)
Reports to: Associate Provost for Research, Innovation and Creativity.
Purpose: In close coordination with the associate provost for research, innovation and creativity will provide support to university wide activities to promote creativity, fine and performing arts through initiatives designed to stir up the university community to integrate, cooperate and compete. Another purpose of this job is to expand the cooperation and alliances in the assigned CFPA areas nationally, regionally and globally.
The division is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating strategic initiatives in the three areas with the aim of positioning the AUC as Egypt's global university in the coming centennial. The job holder of initiatives and coopetition for creativity, fine and performing arts is the day-to-day leader of the AUC initiatives for creativity, fine and performing arts, promoting a multidisciplinary exchange of knowledge, skills and cooperation between AUC’s internal schools and departments.
Additionally, he/she leads the external exposure of the initiatives among the relevant community, and performs sound partnerships building on the expertise and reputation of AUC. In that role, the job holder develops strategies for the AUC different initiatives with internal departments and schools. He\she oversees the strategic implementation of projects, external and internal partners’ management and operational decisions as they impact the objectives and outcomes of the strategies. In addition, he/she develops methods for evaluating the implemented projects. Importantly, He/she leads the communication and coordination efforts of the initiatives, strategies and activities.
- Overall Key and Strategic Responsibilities
- Interacts closely with senior leaders to drive successful completion of tactical and strategic efforts
- Advises and makes recommendations to AUC leaders on key strategic and tactical decisions
- Provides support for financial and operational tasks
- Functions as the lead internal and external communicator in collaboration with Advancement and Communications Office, and the related department\school to the scope
- Consults with senior management at various levels in and across a wide variety of functions
- Leads change through oversight and management of key stakeholders and owners
- Establishes key processes pertaining the relevant scope key processes
- Identifies internal creative and performing capabilities and tracks performance assets utilization through building a database for internal capabilities in terms of labs, equipment, space etc.
- Develops and manages initiatives to trigger multidisciplinary projects and promote within campus partnerships
- Continuously exploring opportunities to streamline and enhance work processes to ensure an encouraging environment for creativity at the Associate Provost area
- Directs the International Cooperation Initiatives Scope
- Builds and manages strong relationships with other counterparts’ universities to exchange AUC expertise and methodology, to cooperate on international projects, and to establish a university wide network for AUC students
- Directs the strategic planning of international cooperation activities with AUC schools and departments, and in coordination with the Office of Advancement and Communications
- Works actively with internal staff on the implementation of the international cooperation calendar of events
- Analyzes and identifies opportunities for building partnerships and alliances at national, regional and international levels
- Functions as the programmatic lead for all international cooperation relationships, and as the internal staff lead for all program staff in coaching and operational related processes
- Directs the Fine and Performing Arts Initiatives Scope
- Develops concepts for the multidisciplinary exchange between various internal faculties and departments
- Builds relationships, internally and externally, to raise fund and partner with counterpart institutions to implement related projects
- Works actively with internal staff on the implementation of events, projects and various thematic programs to achieve the overall strategic objective
- Directs the strategic planning of the multidisciplinary creativity, fine and performing arts activities with AUC schools and departments
- Tracks the output of the university intellectual capital in the realm of creative work and the arts by using different metrics
- Functions as the programmatic lead for all the internal and external relationships, and as the internal staff lead for all program staff in coaching and operational related processes
- Directs Internal Initiatives that aims at engaging students in research, creativity and entrepreneurship activities
- Directs the communication and marketing activities of the annual Research and Creativity Convention, with the aim to engage students in the conversation about the convention and to showcase the AUC product in this realm
- Revives and develops plans for the “Provost Lecture Series” including content, creative direction, and contacting speakers
- Assists in establishing the Neighborhood Initiative aiming at strengthening ties with the community capitalizing on AUC academia and facilities
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree (post graduate education is favorable)
Experience: Minimum of 12 years of previous experience including three in a related field
- Clear understanding of the domain of fine and performing arts and creativity, especially disciplines covered by AUC programs
- Strong project management skills
- Good knowledge of metrics in Innovation, Arts and Creative Endeavors
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to articulate new concepts and turn them into implementable initiative
- Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent command of English, written/spoken. Fluent in Arabic
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills/ detailed oriented
- Strong aptitude for self-learning and knowledge acquisition
- Ability to design reports and other communication materials
- Highly Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
Position is open until August 28, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030800 Senior Manager, Initiatives and Coopetition for Creativity, Fine, and Performing arts” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."