Senior Developer, Web - University Academic Computing Technologies (10001685)
Reports to: Director, UACT
Purpose: The holder of this position is responsible for supporting AUC Institutional web site. Also responsible for analyzing user requirements, procedures and problems to provide software solutions using open source tools that will automate or improve existing systems.
- Plan a roadmap for the AUC websites’ development including AUC community intranet
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality
- Evaluate user requirements compared to business rules
- Design software solutions that meet users’ requirements
- Plan, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Collaborate with various departments to gather accurate specifications for new enhancements and applications
- Monitor and optimize systems to ensure best performance
- Translate requirements and use cases into technical designs and functional code
- Monitor routine content changes and ensure accuracy of content data feeds
- Create and present multiple technical solutions that show thoughtful approaches to strategy and issue resolution
- Maintaining web development documentation, testing cases and specifications
- Act as a mentor to other developers with programming issues
- Generate design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the ongoing success of the product(s)
- Perform software testing
- Apply and maintain quality standards
- Assess severity of problems, determine corrective action, resolve technical problems and perform fault isolation and implements solutions.
- Responsible for site building, back-end/module development, administration including patching and upgrades
- Responsible for designing and implementing new features and functionality, ensuring high-performance and availability and managing all technical aspects of the environment
- Responsible for helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme
- Keep abreast of improvements in programming techniques
Minimum Education Requirement: B.Sc. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Experience: Minimum six years of experience including four years in the same field. Experience in the Drupal environment is a plus.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English
- Ability to architect enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display and information architecture
- Advanced site-building experience including deep familiarity with Drupal modules such as CTools, Views and Panels
- Strong experience creating custom Drupal modules
- Excellent programming skills in PHP, HTML5/XHTML, CSS, JS and jQuery
- Strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems
- Good experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good knowledge of open source databases implementation such as MySQL
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc
- Capable of quickly learning and applying new technologies and software
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work and contribute in team projects
- Ability to conduct research in a chosen domain
Position is open until August 27, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001685 Senior Developer, Web” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."