Manager, Academic Communications, Advancement and Communications/Provost Office (6000001)
Reports to: Dual reporting: Executive Director, Communications/Provost
Purpose: The communications manager is responsible for developing and executing an integrated communications strategy for the Office of the Provost to promote AUC’s academic mission and strategic goals. The communications manager assists the provost with all aspects of communications, in complete alignment with the advancement and communications office and the University’s communications strategy.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and integrating a complete and cohesive communications plan to support and enhance the long-term goals and strategies to spread AUC’s academic mission, visibility, reputation and quality of education
- Write and review content for a variety of purposes including scripts, publications, e-mail communication, presentations and speech writing
- Work with and coordinate with Academic Web Content Manager for web content and updates.
- Collaborate closely with the Office of the President, Office of the Provost and the Office of Advancement and Communications to ensure their alignment of communications strategy and collaboration
- Assist and support the Provost in any assigned communications projects/tasks including speech writing, academic presentations, Provost’s newsletter, formal communications and review.
- Publish weekly academic and graduation reports to relevant colleges and academic units
- Act as academic communications partner for the various departments, offices, and committees
- Provide expert guidance for administrative and professional staff through recommendations and managing support staff on an ongoing basis to facilitate consecutive projects
- Manage and constantly engage with followers of the Office of the Provost’s social media channels/pages, including Office of the Provost’s twitter account
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (marketing, public relations, or related field)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant field
- Five years experience in communications and content writing
- Previous experience with an educational institute is preferred
- Fully bilingual: mastering both English and Arabic languages
- Ability to coordinate work projects, determine priorities, set deadlines and complete projects accordingly
- Proven ability to create engaging written content across platforms
- Proficiency in social media platforms, monitoring, reporting and engagement
- Verbal communication skills are a necessity along with an ability to work as part of a team and with distinct units within the Office of the Provost
- Has the ability to solve problems through creativity, strategic thought and planning
- A desire to develop professionally, stay on top of new trends and developments in marketing and public relations and enhance skills is required
- Able to multitask, coordinate, work under pressure
- An in-house entrepreneurial spirit is desired
Position is open until August 17, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Manager, Academic Communications (6000001)” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at Tthe American University in Cairo."