Research Analyst, AA, Office of Strategy Management and Institutional Research (7000100)
Reports to: Director of Assessment and Accreditation
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the survey design, data collection, preparation, archiving, reporting and analysis of data in support of data analytics and institutional research activities, particularly those related to assessment and accreditation. This position will work collaboratively with other colleagues to build a strategic approach to data structures, access, and availability and to communicating research and data effectively.
- Conducts institutional research and assessment analysis, including data collection and analysis activities in academic and administrative areas
- Analyzes data and information regarding institutional surveys as appropriate and interprets results
- Provides assistance and support in effectively communicating survey results with end-users and the university community
- Assists in the analysis and interpretation of academic and administrative data in support of data-driven decision-making
- Provides assistance and support in activities and reporting related to institutional assessment efforts
- Provides assistance and support in activities and reporting related to institutional accreditation efforts
- Attends meetings and maintains communication with other college departments as required
- Performs duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position
Minimum education requirement:
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Master’s degree is an asset, preferably in a field with a strong research component
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible experience
- High level of fluency in English required. The ability to read and write in Arabic is an asset.
- Ability to write effectively and prepare professional research reports and attractive end-user communications required
- Familiarity with a liberal arts, American-style university
- Quantitative and qualitative research methods and analytical techniques including survey research and multivariate analysis
- Working knowledge of tools used for statistical analysis such as Excel, as well as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, other information, analytic and reporting tools
- Experience working with large enterprise data systems such as Banner and SAP an asset
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to produce highly accurate reports and to interpret data
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and amicably as a member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, learn independently, think creatively, solve problems effectively and see the “big picture”
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Position is open until August 2, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “7000100 Research Analyst, AA” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.