Abdel Aziz Galal is a digital humanities librarian. He holds an MA in Library and Information Studies from University College London. His work focuses on promoting digital scholarship as well as empowering faculty and researchers to explore new possibilities to enhance their research endeavors within the field of humanities. He supports faculty to incorporate new digital tools in the teaching process through the use of innovative and efficient pedagogical digital tools.
He has worked previously as senior cataloger at the AUC’s Rare Books and Special Collections Library collaborating closely with curators and subject specialists. He began his career in librarianship at the Bibliotheca Alexandrina where he was particularly involved in the handling of the French donation by the “National Library of France."
MA in Library and Information Studies from University College London
BA in accounting from the faculty of commerce English department, Alexandria University
- The practice of humanities research in a collaborative and interdisciplinary approach
- Digital skill building and the incorporation of new digital tools in the teaching/learning process
- The preservation of cultural heritage through digital humanities
- Interaction design, visualization and 3D modeling
- The curation of digital scholarship in music