Tarek Selim is a professor of business economics and strategy at The American University in Cairo. He has a career spanning 25 years of academic and professional experience, which includes his position as a visiting research fellow at the MIT Industrial Performance Center and faculty affiliate to the Harvard Business School Microeconomics of Competitiveness Network. He is a research fellow at the Economic Research Forum (ERF), founding member of the Egyptian Center for Global Governance and Development and has been a senior economic advisor to the Egyptian Competition Authority. Selim holds a PhD in economics from George Washington University, an MBA from Johns Hopkins University, a master's in economics from Iowa State University, a master's in industrial engineering and a bachelor's with honors in mechanical engineering, both from AUC. He holds professional management programs at MIT, Harvard, Georgetown, Imperial College and Oxford. He is an international industrial development consultant with over 85 research publications.
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- Competitive Economy: Firms, Industries and Nations (in affiliation with Harvard Business School)
- Feasibility Study (Cost-Benefit Analysis)
- Game Theory and Strategy (Graduate)
- Advanced Microeconomic Theory (Graduate)
- Microeconomics of Competitiveness (in affiliation with Harvard Business School)
- Executive MBA Managerial Economics
- Selim, Tarek H. (2017), A Review of The Political Economy of Reforms in Egypt 1952-2016, by K. Ikram, American University in Cairo Press, January.
- Selim, Tarek (2016). "Industrial Development of an Emerging Economy: The Case of Egypt", Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT Industrial Performance Center, Fall 2016 Seminar Series, November.
- Selim, Tarek (2016). "Challenges of Innovation in an Emerging Economy", Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT Industrial Performance Center, Fall 2016 Seminar Series, October.
- Selim, Tarek (2016). "A Review of the Financial, Socio-Economic and Environmental Evaluations of the Golden Triangle National Development Project", Industrial Development Authority, Ministry of Trade and Industry, August.
- Shoair, Kareman M. and Tarek H. Selim (2015). "Market Simulation Game using Classroom Experiments", University of Oxford, Said Business School, 13th Global Conference on Business and Economics Research, Oxford, UK, November.
- Selim, Tarek (2015). "American University College: A Mini Case on Higher Education", Harvard University Graduate School of Education, Harvard Institutes for Higher Education, Summer 2015.
For more information, click here.
Industrial economics and strategy, markets and competition, game theory, project evaluation and cost-benefit analysis.