The Department of Economics Fellowship in Applied Quantitative Analysis
• Egyptian nationals
• Holders of a bachelor's degree from a national university with a minimum GPA of 3.7 or gayed gidan
• Fully admitted into the economics thesis track or non-thesis track MA program
• Meet the English language admission requirement
• Submit satisfactory GRE test scores
The fellowship is awarded to the most competent candidate who is able to complete the program in two years.
• A full waiver of tuition fees
• A monthly stipend for 10 months
• Student services and activities
Responsibilities of Fellows
• Engage in academic and administrative activities for 12 hours per week
• Student must complete significant research on the general subject of applied quantitative analysis. This can be satisfied as thesis topic (thesis track students) or three credits of independent study (non-thesis track). For both tracks, applied quantitative analysis includes applied research work in econometrics, mathematical methods and simulation, game theory, economic modeling, forecasting and other quantitative techniques in economics.
The deadline for submission of the fellowship applications is April 1.
Applicants are required to provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview with the selection committee.
For specific information about the economics program, contact the Department of Economics, tel 2615.3241/3243.
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.