Tomorrow's Leaders Gender Scholars (TLS)
The Tomorrow's Leaders Gender Scholars (TLS) Program is a joint effort between the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC) and AUC. The program provides full-tuition scholarships and multiple training opportunities for undergraduate students. It aims to empower students to become gender-sensitive, civic-minded citizens, and to acquire academic knowledge, research and leadership skills to advocate for policy reform and action in accordance with the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) and the Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) initiatives.
- An Egyptian citizen
- Enrolled at AUC on a full-time basis
- Must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- At least a sophomore at the time of application, and must have a minimum of two remaining semesters to graduate (at least 24 credits remaining)
- A current recipient of AUC financial aid
- Must demonstrate leadership potential through active engagement in extracurricular activities and/or community service.
Students enrolled in the program will receive:
- Full tuition fees for up to two semesters
- Training and mentorship in gender and relevant internship opportunities
- Leadership, career and soft/entrepreneurial skills training
- Academic advising and faculty mentoring
In addition, TLS students will be eligible to benefit from some of the opportunities offered to Tomorrow's Leaders students and alumni.
- Maintain a CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Register in at least one gender course each semester.
- Commit not to drop/fail the registered gender courses. Dropping from the courses would mean immediate cancelation of the scholarship.
- Attend TLS-organized workshops, seminars, round-tables, and forum discussions.
- Submit one paper per semester relevant to the field of gender studies.
- Participate in at least one activity per semester to advocate for gender equality
Deadline: August 19, 2021
To check other vacant scholarships, click here.