Only online billing system for returning students is applied at AUC. Each student has his/her own link to access Banner Self-Service (BSS) anytime. Through BSS, students are able to view their accounts or print tuition payment order to be presented to CIB for cash payments. Students/parents who have BSS credentials are able to access their accounts anytime through BSS online services. These services include subscript for bus and applying for deferral payments as well. Online payments, ATMs payments, and bank transfers do not require a printed invoice.
You can get your invoice through your Banner Self-Service (BSS) account:
1. Visit your Banner Self-Service account by clicking here
2. Login with your AUC email username and password
3. Click on Student →Student Account →Account Detail for Term
4. Click on continue, then select term from the select a term dropdown list then press submit
5. The last lines says “current amount due” are the amounts due to be paid (EGP or USD)
6. Print the account summary page to be used for payment
While Egyptian students' tuition is expressed in dollars, all Egyptian students may pay in EGP according to the prevailing sell rate on the day of payment. On the other hand, all international students must pay in USD.
While Egyptian students' tuition is expressed in pounds and in dollars, all Egyptian students may pay in EGP according to the prevailing sell rate on the day of payment. All international students must pay in USD.
Cash deposit on any of CIB branches except for CIB unit at AUC New Cairo
Credit Card (online payment)
Students may pay their tuition and fees with a credit card. AUC currently accepts visa, MasterCard, and discover through online payment only. A 1.27 percent convenience fee will be assessed for payment by credit card. Credit cards are not accepted at the SSC cashier or the CIB branches. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone. Any refund due and originally paid by credit card will be returned by AUC to the same card. The convenience fee is non-refundable.
To pay your tuition online on Banner Self-Service:
2.1 Banner Self Service payment gateway:
- Visit your Banner Self-Service
- Login with your AUC email username and password
- Click on student, then click student account, then click pay online
- Click on continue, then select currency to choose the amount you wish to pay online
- Account balance and amount due are displayed on bottom of the detail transactions table based on currency selected
- Press the “pay online” button; AUC agreement - terms of service will be displayed
- Read carefully; press agree button if you want to proceed. By pressing the agree button, the user will be directed to online payment gateway
- The payment gateway will be opened with the same Banner amount due and account balance to pay
- Select one of the available amounts current account balance, amount due, or future amount due
- Get your credit card then press make a payment button.
- Supply the required credit card information. AUC will not keep any credit card information. Security measures are applied by the service providers.
- Proceed in paying your tuition fees
- A transaction receipt will be displayed in a few seconds
- Go back to Banner; check your account update and you will see that your payment has been processed
- If you are wanting to pay the other part of your tuition using the payment gateway; repeat the steps mentioned above
- Make sure to complete your payments before the payment deadline
2.2 AUC Pay payment gateway:
Egyptian students can pay online using local banks cards as below:
- Login to AUC Pay to pay the tuition fees
- The students will select the Tuition fees tab
- The system shows the due amount after calculating the USD exchange rate from CIB) + transaction fees for online payment 1.27 percent
- The user will pay using accept payment gateway by entering credit card credentials
- The transaction is confirmed by the bank and reflected on AUC Pay account
- A confirmation email is sent to the student on his AUC email
3. Bank transfer
For CIB bank transfer instructions, click here.
4. CIB's ATMs payment:
EGP tuition fees only can be paid by using any of CIB’s ATMs in Egypt, at any time. All you need is to enter the student ID number on the ATM and then transfer the fees from your bank account to the University’s bank account.
Types of cards that can be used:
All CIB Cards:
- All MasterCard cards issued by other Egyptian banks
- (All transactions are from the EGP account only; No USD account is allowed)
- Convenience: Finalize your fee payment from any place at any time through over more than 750 ATMs available 24/7
- Free: Enjoy the free of charge service
- Fast: Pay tuition fee in few steps with no need to visit any of CIB branches
- Security: Use your card for payment instead of carrying cash
Steps of Payment:
- Insert your card in CIB ATM then choose bill payment and mobile recharge services then education then choose AUC
- Enter the student ID
- Check your due amount displayed on screen and choose either “Accept” or “Cancel” the transaction
- Confirm your payment to be debited from your account and a notification will be sent to university
**Kindly note that this service is highly secured and there is no information shared with the bank other than the student ID and the amount due. Hence, make sure that you insert the correct ID.
- Make sure to receive your payment receipt after you complete your transaction
- The payment takes two business days to be reflected on banner
- There is a delay one business day in updating balances on ATMs. If any charge/scholarship updated into your Banner account today, it will be reflected on the ATM amount due tomorrow
5. Citibank NY Bank Transfer Instructions:
For Citibank NY Bank Transfer Instructions, click here.
6. US Payments:
USD tuition payment can be made through the NYO as follows:
- Certified or Cashiers' check
- Money order
- Bank transfer
For checks and money orders:
- Make the check payable to "The American University in Cairo". Include your AUC ID in the memo of the payment.
- Mail the check to our Citibank lock-box address:
The American University in Cairo
Mail Code: 7805
P.O. Box 7247
Philadelphia, PA 19170- 7805
- P.O. Box will only receive USPS mailing. NO COURIER SERVICES - NO FEDEX NO UPS
- Citibank will be depositing the check directly into AUC bank account.
Students who have credit balance may request refund as below steps:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Refund Request
Email should mention the following:
Bank name and branch:
Account holder legal name as in bank and National ID:
For amounts exceeding EGP 5,000 or its equivalent in USD, undergraduate student’s refunds will be hand-delivered exclusively to the student’s parents or a person who has power of attorney from the student’s parents. The exception to this is for US Federal loan refunds, which will be delivered to the student or his/her designate.
For tuition refund policy, click here.
Note that the refund percentages are applicable for charged tuition and fees not actual payments.