Executive Assistant to VP for Student Life, Office of Vice President for Student Life (50031018)
Reports to: Vice President for Student Life
Purpose: The Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Life (VPSL) is responsible for providing full executive support to the VPSL and for managing the overall operation of the VP’s office. The Executive Assistant manages financial resources and expenditures of the office and monitor budgets of reporting offices. The Executive Assistant also manages diverse projects related to new initiatives in the VPSL area.
- Provides one-on-one executive support and administers the overall operation of the Vice President's office.
- Responsible for the management of the Office and for overseeing the smooth administration of the area by working closely with the different departments. Manages the successful administration of activities critical to the office and area alike by leveraging deep administrative expertise on the diverse functions.
- Coordinates the activities of various committees and special events overseen by the VPSL.
- Serves as a member of the student life leadership and documents all actions agreed upon as well as following-up with all the members to ensure completion of tasks.
- Serves on student life committees as assigned.
- Manages diverse projects and initiatives designed to further university strategic objectives in VPSL area.
Office and Resource Management
- Maintains the VPSL calendar, determines the nature of each meeting or appointment to ensure material and supporting data are provided; manages local and international travel schedule and arrangements; prepares presentations, agendas and coordinates communication.
- Manages the office budget and expenditures as well as any special project budgets and expenditures.
- Suggests and provide plans for allocation of resources to meet office needs. Determines necessary supplies and equipment needed by the office and analyzes cost effectiveness; prepares required forms/paperwork, and monitors delivery.
- Monitors and produces monthly reports on both expenditures and revenues of the various offices in the student life area identifying possible corrective actions needed.
- Plans, organizes, and schedules the administrative and operational needs of the VPSL office to effectively prioritize workload.
- Establishes an organized document management process.
Communications and Relationship Management
- Serves as the office of VPSL first point of contact with students, parents, and campus community members
- Solves problems and resolves complaints or conflicts
- Serves as a liaison to senior University administrators; effectively communicate with campus wide staff, faculty, students, including the office of the President and other Vice President’s offices. Liaises between the student life area and the office of communications and advancement and sends updates and information to be posted on the website and social media
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree required
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in administration; preferably in a university setting
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience in responding to student crises
- Ability to manage confidential information in the utmost professional manner
- Has the ability to relate to and serve students, staff, faculty, parents, and community members as a representative of student life and the University
- Ability to relate to a culturally diverse university community
- Excellent communication skills, high level of oral and written communication including report writing
- High ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Is tech savvy and has the ability to use technology to achieve work goals efficiently and effectively
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure
- Able to find answers to questions and propose solutions to problems as they arise
Position is open until August 2, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50031018 Executive Assistant to VP for Student Life” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."