Office Clerk, AUC Venture Lab (Grant Position)
Reports to: Officer, Logistics and Procurement
Purpose: AUC Venture Lab (V-Lab) is the leading university-based startup accelerator/incubator in Africa and the MENA region, with the aim of commercializing innovations that contribute to Egypt’s competitiveness and economic growth. Office Clerk will be responsible in assisting staff members by preparing the work environment and logistical requirements implementation. The position holder will also be responsible for managing daily office duties starting from maintaining the Venture Lab space to assisting in event logistics and implementation.
- Monitor stocks of office supplies (stationery, print papers, workshop needs) and report to V-Lab team when there are shortages
- Maintain office appliances such as photocopier, printers
- Oversee external workers in event preparation
- Maintain cleanliness of Venture Lab co-working space with custodians
- Assist in V-Lab’s equipment maintenance
- Receive office publication and put in storage
- Assist with logistics and setup of workshops and trainings
- Move furniture equipment and tools as needed
- Handle photocopier for efficiency within team
- Carry additional clerical function as requested by supervisor
- Assist and carry daily office functions
- Provide general clerical support
Minimum Education Requirement: Intermediate diploma
Experience: Three to five years clerical services, previous experience on New Cairo Campus is a plus
- Mastering of Microsoft office tools
- Excellent in research skills
- Excellent communication skills (Arabic and English)
- Organized and ability to prioritize
Position is open until July 24, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Office Clerk, AUC Venture Lab” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."