Senior Cultural Communicator, Arts, Community Outreach and Campus Animation Unit (50030935)
Reports to: Advisor to the President for Arts, Community Outreach and Campus Animation
Purpose: This position will be responsible for the communication and feedback for cultural and community outreach programs and cultural events.
- Assesses, identifies and communicates with different audience groups.
- Maintains social media sites and coordinates messaging with AUC communications offices in promoting cultural and community outreach.
- Builds contacts among arts journalists and other opinion leaders in the media.
- Monitors social and traditional media for opportunities to engage artists and reach audiences.
- Receives community feedback on the potential AUC role as a cultural hub.
- Attracts audiences to events at AUC.
- Provides input into the cultural and community outreach strategic plan being developed by the advisor.
- Identifies cultural programs and other similar activities suitable for the cultural and community Iinitiative, establishes contact and agreements with artists for these programs, and ensures the proper management of each event.
- Coordinates with and provides guidance to AUC cultural and community outreach teams carrying out relevant programs and initiatives.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in writing and editing skills.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills, complete command of principles of grammar and usage.
- Experience with writing and editing print and online material.
- Commitment to delivery and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with different parties.
Position is open until July 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030935 Senior Cultural Communicator” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."