Chief Technology Officer, Office of Information Technology (4000000)
Reports to: Vice President for Digital Innovation
Purpose: The chief technology officer provides vision and leadership in the development and implementation of technology throughout the University. The chief technology officer leads the university in IT strategic planning and implementing technology solutions to support AUC’s mission and strategic plans.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support AUC needs.
- Ensure the university’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
- Works with other senior administrators, mainly the provost, vice presidents and deans, to harmonize plans, with the main purpose of using technology to help AUC reach its goals.
- Accountable and responsible for IT services campus-wide - New Cairo Campus, Tahrir Square Campus and New York Office, in addition to student dorms and faculty housing buildings in New Cairo, Zamalek and Maadi).
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and university operations.
- Conducts research and case studies on leading edge technologies and makes determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Leads IT team in setting up IT disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Leads the IT team in strategic decisions regarding the IT infrastructure (network, telecommunication, systems and central storage).
- Plans and controls the budget of the following six offices: Office of Information Technology, Office of University Technology Infrastructure (UTI) - New Cairo Campus and Tahrir Square Campus, University Academic Computing Technologies (UACT), University Information Systems budget, and Classroom Technologies and Media Services (CTMS).
- Responsible for developing IT policies campus-wide.
- Continuously assess, review and benchmark existing technology with the purpose of maintaining AUC’s expected quality of service.
- Works with leadership in schools and departments to efficiently utilize resources and optimize technology expenditure campus-wide.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree in management or a related field.
- Minimum 15 years of overall experience in information technology unit.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively managerial experience in an institution of higher education or related industry is a plus.
- Excellent command of English language spoken and written.
- Very good command of Arabic language spoken and written
- High level of communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and management skills.
- Project management.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Diverse technical background and experience in educational technologies, ERP's and administration systems.
- Excellent team-building and supervision skills.
- Strong experience in budget preparation and management.
- Strong negotiation and assessment skills.
Position is open until July 24, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “4000000 Chief Technology Officer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."