Senior Manager, Graduate Recruitment, Dean of Graduate Studies (50010077)
Reports to: Dean of Graduate Studies
Purpose: To lead recruitment activities for graduate studies at AUC. The person occupying this position leads graduate recruitment at AUC, and is responsible for planning, initiating, and managing all graduate student recruitment activities, locally, nationally, and internationally. This includes graduate orientation, graduate studies open days, international graduate recruitment fairs, graduate recruitment visits to national and international institutions in addition to virtual graduate recruitment campaigns. The person occupying this position manages the graduate recruitment budget and directs the presidential intern joining the Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies for graduate recruitment. He/she reports to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Strategy and action plan:
- Develops and updates a graduate studies recruitment strategy and action plan.
- Implements and manages the graduate studies recruitment action plan.
Events and promotional material:
- Directs the graduate studies open days.
- Manages the organization of the graduate students orientation.
- Develops, updates and manages digital and social media recruitment events and campaigns for AUC’s graduate studies.
- Identifies and attends relevant local and international events for graduate recruitment to represent AUC.
- Manages the organization of specific graduate recruitment visits to AUC.
- Manages the development and update of graduate studies promotional material.
Communication and contacts:
- Manages and maintains communication with established contacts, including prospective graduate students and relevant personnel and faculty members at other institutions about graduate programs and fellowship opportunities at AUC.
- Addresses queries about graduate studies and fellowship opportunities available at AUC.
- Manages a graduate recruitment database of local and international contacts and networks.
- Develops partnerships and collaborations with institutions, entities and networks for graduate recruitment.
- Manages the graduate studies recruitment generic email.
- Manages the development of recruitment strategies and plans for schools and/or graduate programs.
- Manages the support to specific recruitment events and visits for individual graduate programs.
- Reports on the implementation of the graduate studies recruitment action plan.
- Reports on graduate studies digital and social media recruitment campaigns and events.
- Oversees and manages the generation and validation of metrics on graduate recruitment.
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree is required.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including three years in an academic institution.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Well-developed sense of initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Management of complex tasks and operations.
- Confident user of IT digital and social media.
- Confident user of Argos and Banner.
Position is open until July 24, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50010077 Senior Manager, Graduate Recruitment” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."