Administrative Assistant - Dean of Graduate Studies (50030927)
Reports to: Assistant to Dean
Purpose: Performs a wide variety of administrative, secretarial, and program support activities on behalf of the Dean of Graduate Studies Office. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies.
- Provides administrative support including managing the schedule/calendar of the Dean, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, drafting documents, memorandum and reports, greeting and directing visitors and students, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as necessary.
- Coordinate administrative logistics including ordering and setting up catering, car reservation, promotional space reservations and hall reservations.
- Responsible for office inventory, for preparing of IT equipment assessment, as well as for filing system and for the database for the external contacts of the Office.
- Provides administrative support to the Assistant to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Prepares graduate students’ degree evaluations, and academic records as needed, in support of readmission requests, extension of study period requests and petitions to the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Prepares support letters for graduate students and teaching assistants
- Contacts graduate students for purposes of graduate student support grant applications and reports, readmission requests, extension of study period requests, as well as requests for support letters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum education requirement: University degree
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience preferably within an institution of higher education
- Strong secretarial and administrative skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong language skills (oral and written) in Arabic and English
- Committed to deadlines and well organized
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Good sense of initiative
- Ability to think independently and creatively
- Banner knowledge is an asset
Position is open until July 12, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030927 Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.