Officer, Information Security, Office of Information Technology (10001700)
Reports to: Principal Campus Information Security Officer
Purpose: The job holder should be responsible for keeping AUC Information resources safe and secure by performing Information security analysis and developing needed processes, as well as monitoring and handling IT related security threats. The candidate will be participating in assessing new technologies and any required information security control.
- Executing Information Security strategy through assisting in implementing and formulating needed policies, procedures, benchmarks and guidelines.
- Assisting in the execution of information security risk assessment and audit activities plus technical assessments
- Assist in executing Disaster Recovery Plan and Business continuity Plan “DRP and BCP”, and maintaining all related documentation
- Analyzing and monitoring information and logs to detect and handle all security needed actions
- Handling technical responsibility for Information security solutions and controls
- Performing digital forensics investigations
- Participate in assessing Information technology solutions, systems and processes from Information Security perspective
- Administrating Information security solutions and controls ex. SIEM
- Assessment and execution of fine tuning to IT Security systems
- Revising and approving assigned internal change, and releasing management tasks
- Lead the execution of vulnerability and patch management activities
- Developing reports for the current information security posture
- Monitoring and reporting the release of new IT threats and vulnerabilities that affect AUC domain
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum education requirement: B.Sc. in Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent
Experience: 8 years of experience within which a minimum of 5 years experience in the IT security and information security controls field in an organization on a similar scale.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Information security concepts
- Solid knowledge of networking and programming concepts
- Solid ethical hacking skills and penetration testing skills
- Holding Information security certifications is a PLUS
- Has the ability to work in a team and has results driven personality
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent command of English language
Position is open until July 11, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001700 Officer, Information Security, Office of Information Technology” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.