Officer, Staff Affairs
Reports to: Director, Staff Affairs
Purpose: To support the different staff affairs functions covering appointments, leaves, separation, and overtime administration. Assist in the establishment and implementation of employment and termination procedures in adherence to AUC policies and procedures for all AUC staff as well as maintaining accurate and updated staff records while issuing related reports. Reviews current staff affairs procedures and initiate ideas for more proficient ones.
• Responsible for new staff recruitment process concerning:
- Preparing and finalizing the appointment documents process from collecting the newly hired staff personal documents to checking that all required documents and HR forms have been correctly filled in adherence to the law and university regulations.
- Providing orientation for new staff regarding university policies with respect to contract terms, leaves, overtime, working hours, etc. and provide feedback for any other inquiries.
- Preparing the newly hired staff contracts and securing employees’ signatures and providing them with a copy of their contracts.
- Sending notification of new appointees to the designated labor office.
- Follow up on the Social Insurance process completion of newly hired staff.
• Responsible for internal Staff Affairs including:
- Contacting the employee direct manager to check the contract renewal status
- Implement Contracts Renewal process whether to issue the letter of extension or termination.
- The focal point in handling the Service Level Agreement Procedures’ verifications process.
- Responsible for handling the Leave without Pay procedures for the female staff in alignment with the internal university policies.
- Responsible for completing the retirement procedures with coherence with the benefits department.
- Finalizing the resignation procedures and documentation and informing the benefits department with the resigned staff release pension.
- Sending and following up on the resignation cases social insurance termination.
- Receiving the overtime request, ensuring it is compliant to the policy and verifying the duration and uploading the monthly overtime transactions on the SAP system.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with university members regarding HR policies as per staff handbook and announced policies.
- Responsible for the issuance of the HR letters as requested.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate filing and archiving of employees files according to their status (departments and employment status).
- Communicating with the legal affairs department concerning the staff legal cases, applying legal recommendations, updating SAP system and employees’ files accordingly.
• Updating regularly the SAP to act as a source of reference for all HR transactions involving the:
- Entries of new AUC staff whether regular, grant or casual appointments on a monthly basis.
- Updating the contract renewal data.
- Perform daily checks and data purifying on the system (SAP) concerning data entries of dependents or any updates of other personal data.
- Updating the separations, LWOP, Rehiring, Deduction, Internal Transfer and Returns from LWOP actions on the system (SAP).
• Generating on a monthly basis the following reports: end of contracts, probation status, budget and transaction reports. Generate reports and provide relevant analysis on demand.
• Analyze and study staff relations processes and recommend improvement procedures to facilitate and enhance the workflow.
• Generating ad-hoc queries using SAP reporting tool.
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree Required. HR Diploma is an asset.
• A minimum of 8-9 years of related experience in Human Resources.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic languages
- Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working on known HCM system, preferably SAP system
- Excellent knowledge of labor law requirements, social insurance and sanctions procedures
- Initiative thinking, customer service oriented, analytical
- Excellent communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Maintain excellent teamwork spirit
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion with different groups members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Position is open until July 9, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030351 Officer, Staff Affairs” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.