Office Coordinator, Student Financial Affairs and Scholarships Office (50029713)
Reports to: Assistant to Executive Director
Purpose: The Office Coordinator will undertake all receptionist, clerical as well as administrative duties at the front desk of the office of Student Financial Affairs & Scholarships. She/he will communicate directly with our students and parents. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and pleasant personality while also being able to deal with complaints and provide accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. She/he will handle the flow of students and parents and ensure that all administrative responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Candidate will also maintain the office’s generic email as well as updating the website on regular basis. She will assist the Financial Aid and Scholarships teams in their technical work using SAP, Banner & Perceptive.
- Serve students and parents by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately .
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming mail/phone calls while providing accurate & complete information. In addition to providing technical, administrative and general assistance to students and parents.
- Identify and assess students and parents’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Respond to routine email inquiries and handle filing as needed
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Assist in reviewing scholarships applications.
- Review the website on regular basis and communicate with the office of communication and Advancement when needed.
- Participate in handling the logistics for annual scholarships events, panels for interviews and orientation sessions for the new students (Annually).
- Work on creating a more customer oriented atmosphere in the office.
- Assist in the filing and archiving process of the Financial Aid original documents.
- Responsible for the department’s petty cash.
Minimum education requirement: University Degree
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience preferably in related fields
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation and ability to respond to different types of characters
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Fast learner
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle pressure
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Works independently and takes initiative
- Excellent English and Arabic communication skills
- Flexible and team oriented
Position is open until June 28, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50029713 Office Coordinator” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.