Student Experience Support - Office of Strategic Academic Services (Casual position for 5 months) 50030737
Reports to: Director of Business Analysis and Insights
Purpose: The holder of this position is responsible for business process documentation, assisting in the reengineering process and providing functional support services to the AUC community in related services as well as developing and analyzing reports to serve the area. The holder of this position is also responsible for providing front-line support services to students and faculty on using Banner Self-Service and staff on using the Banner INB provided to the area.
Student Portal and Communication Responsibilities:
- Complete all student portal administration functions.
- Manage day-to-day announcement requests from administrative and academic departments.
- Create and manage day-to-day extraction of communication groups.
- Design, implement and process online newsletters.
- Coordinate with various AUC service providers user accounts and problems.
- Develop and maintain portal online forms.
Banner and Academic Support Responsibilities:
- Provide functional support to AUC staff on Banner INB.
- Assist in Banner configuration to map AUC processes to university systems.
- Gather and map academic study plans on AUC advising system.
- Provide functional support to all faculty and staff advisors on using the system.
Reporting and Analysis Responsibilities:
- Assist in course demand planning for all academic departments.
- Complete process documentation and mapping to AUC systems.
- Assist in process analysis, optimization and smooth adoption.
- Communicate with peer institutions to acquire process best practices.
Banner Online/Self Service Responsibilities:
- Manage the content updates on Banner Self-Service.
- Maintain online standards and best practices.
- Support the services offered through Banner Self-Service.
- Maintain help content on Banner Self-Service.
- Troubleshoot all student-reported self-service problems.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience, including one year of experience in business analysis and banner student implementation
- Very strong interpersonal communication skills.
- SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with business and data analysis.
Position is open until July 5, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030737 Student Experience Support” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."