Buyer - Procurement Services - Supply Chain Management (10001823)
Reports to: Senior Buyer
Purpose: Procures equipment, supplies and services for assigned area and in accordance with University guidelines; reviews requisitions and bid specifications and negotiates purchase agreements or supply contracts; determines vendor sources, product needs and availability. Organize the purchasing process in accordance with University guidelines through high coordination with the procurement services director, develop all control reports reflecting the performance of different units of buying in support of the set goals, objectives and time frame.
- Responsible for obtaining best prices for purchased goods and services.
- Ensure the execution of all purchasing functions to be at the highest level of quality.
- Requires frequent visits to local markets, around two to three times weekly; for price checks is a must as needed.
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions and contracts, and ensures they are in accordance with relevant laws, policies and requirements.
- Identifies and selects vendors, and negotiates prices, terms and delivery methods for the assigned area of procurement.
- Meets with sales representatives to develop new vendor sources, updates records and secures demos for departments.
- Takes part in writing request for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotes (RFQ) and formal bids.
- Build and maintain highly professional relationships with the internal clients to ensure service or equipment needs are met. Resolve queries relating to orders, pricing and deliveries.
- Ensure accurate and on-time purchasing of all products and services as required.
- Communicate updated orders status to the relevant parties. Expedite orders for on-time delivery.
- Comply with the AUC internal business policies and procedures.
- Takes part in related financial and accounting functions.
- Ensure a proper filing system of all purchasing related documentation for auditing purposes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree in a relevant field.
- SCM certification(s) will be an asset.
- Five years of experience, with one to two years of garments buying experience.
- Experience in a corporate environment is an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- High knowledge of the local market, covering goods and services.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy, good knowledge of MRP and mastering SAP is a must.
- Good knowledge of business and financial issues.
- Customer oriented and diplomatic.
Position is open until June 26, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001823 Buyer – Procurement Services” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."