Senior Systems Administrator (50010450)
Reports to: Associate Director, University Technology Infrastructure – Systems and SAN
Purpose: The holder of this position is responsible for installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure which include virtual, physical and cloud computing. He/she should help in maintaining all central domain services and all its associated tasks. He/she is responsible for the setup, installation and configuration of AUC's HPC environment. The job holder should ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and standards.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- This individual will assist other UTI teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of all new projects to ensure compatibility and smooth integration with existing systems infrastructure specially SAN, network and security teams.
- Participation on projects and insure its smooth transition from implementation phase to production phase.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures according to system standards in addition to SLA for providing service to all AUC community.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and perform regular security monitoring with the cooperation with the security office to identify any possible risks.
- Install/configure new HPC servers and configure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and maintain data center monitoring equipment and perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or related field.
Experience: Five years of hands on experience in systems field is required.
- Interpersonal skills and team work capability.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal, written and reporting).
- Communication and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of higher education business process is preferred.
Position is open until June 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50010450 Senior Systems Administrator” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."