Senior Administrative Assistant I, Associate Provost for Research, Innovation and Creativity (50030771)
Reports to: Dual reporting line to associate provost for research, innovation and creativity and associate provost for transformative learning and teaching
Purpose: The job holder assists with the management of the two offices with multi-varied administrative duties, and any other necessary tasks associated with the daily operation of the offices. In addition, the assistant will coordinate and support all the associated activities that relate to the portfolio of the two offices.
- Handles all conventional administrative activities of the offices of the APs including administering schedules, preparing purchase orders, petty cash vouchers, and travel and expense claims.
- Manages all logistical tasks, including organizing and scheduling meetings, contacting participants, booking rooms, recording and transcribing minutes.
- Makes travel arrangements for the APs as required including conference/professional development registration and hotel and car bookings.
- Assists with all phases of preparation and tracking of the annual budget from initiation through completion.
- Prepares financial and budget reports as needed.
- Interfaces with other units involved in the portfolio of the APs whenever needed.
- Assists in dissemination of information to internal and external stakeholders, as directed by the Aps.
- Responsible for reviewing and following up on all material submitted to the offices, maintaining and updating all correspondence, filing, and ensuring easy date retrieval for the office.
Writing and Communication
- Researches and prepares complex documents that include pdfs, charts, graphs, and powerpoints; web content updates as required.
- Assists the APs in developing and producing proposals, grants, reports and other documentation.
- Assists in the planning and research of special projects as required.
- Assists in the development and production of policies and procedures related to the portfolio of the APs as appropriate.
- Manages the content of the website and social media.
- Manages the designs of flyers and posters while following AUC’s guidelines and regulations.
- Plays an active part in the marketing activities for various activities during the academic year
- Performs any other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement: University Degree
Experience: Minimum of nine years of previous experience including four in a related field.
- Excellent command of English. Fluent in Arabic
- Excellent oral, written and digital communication skills.
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding APs’ business and files.
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Strong administration skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to operate efficiently in a crisis mode.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point). Working knowledge of Publisher, a plus.
- Knowledge of SAP is an asse.
Position is open until June 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030771 Senior Administrative Assistant I” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."