Software Developer I, University Academic Computing Technologies (50020497)
Reports to: Director, UACT
Purpose: The holder of this position is responsible for gathering user requirements, procedures, and problems to provide software solutions that will automate or improve existing systems.
• Project management and development
• Handles the main responsibility for producing and designing mobile applications that meets the users’ requirements
• Producing detailed specifications and writing the program codes
• Developing software solutions that can be easily accessed by the variety of users
• Use appropriate tools to implement software applications that fulfill user requirements and ensure the business rules: Net framework and open-source tools
• Perform all the required testing process to the current applications aiming at optimizing operational efficiency
• Ensure that the program continues to function normally through continuous software maintenance and testing
• Analyze, design and implement databases
• Carry out additional tasks assigned by direct supervisor
Minimum education requirement:
B.Sc. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Three to five years of experience in similar positions
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English
- High management and leading skills
- Excellent knowledge of Web-development tools such as Visual studio.net
- Excellent knowledge of database implementation such as MS Access, MS SQL, and MySQL
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C#, PHP and Java
- Ability to explore new software development tracks
- Capable of quickly learning and applying new technologies and software.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work and contribute in team projects
Position is open until June 12, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50020497, Software Developer I, University Academic Computing Technologies” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.