Senior Administrative Assistant II, Academic Advising Center (10001029)
Reports to: Director of Academic Advising
Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for administrative support functions in the Academic Advising Center (AAC) to guarantee the center’s efficient operation. Supports managers and advisors through a variety of tasks related to advising, communication, and administration. The candidate will be responsible to communicate via phone and email with students, parents and AUC colleagues and forward requests to the concerned team member if needed. The candidate will work on AAC’s administrative assistant duties and deliver results with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Provide support to walk-in students, forward them to their corresponding academic advisor and/or the outside office in charge of their request.
- Arrange advising appointments and make sure that students meet their assigned advisor.
- Provide support in drop/add week, where a large number of students walk in the AAC.
- Maintain a comprehensive student records for all undeclared students until their declaration. Ensure that student database has all undeclared students information, their intended major, academic advisor, year of admission.
- Secure accurate data entry either on banner or on students database files and update the records when needed.
- Provide support and assistance to all AAC staff members in printing, photocopying, and answering phone calls and maintain office supplies and inventory.
- Assist in any logistical request by AAC members, room reservation, cancellation of appointments, request for transportation.
- Knowledgeable of all advising resources, like four year plans of majors, advising and core curriculum websites and uses these resources wisely.
- Direct students to other AUC resources that will help them in their problem/request.
- Check the AAC email and make sure to direct mails to responsible staff members.
- Check the drop workflow website and direct the requests to the person in charge.
- Support in information and data gathering for statistical use of AAC.
- Maintain attendance and leaves of team, able to enter leaves on SAP.
- Support and supervise the process of preparing all required documentation related to the operating and capital budget.
- Follow-up on all projects, assignments and initiatives handled by or through the Academic Advising Center.
- Follow-up and supervise the staff contract renewals, and annual staff reports.
- Responsible for AAC petty cash.
- Perform any advising and administrative related task as assigned by the director.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
- Five to seven years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with AUC academic regulations is preferred.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with students.
- Accuracy while working under stress.
- Good command of English and Arabic (spoken/written).
- Strong computer skills; especially MS Office, Data Entry.
Position is open until June 10, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001029 Senior Administrative Assistant II” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."