Officer, Benefits, Office of Human Resources (10001672)
Reports to: Director, Benefits
Purpose: Benefits officer primary responsibilities are maintaining benefits programs by evaluating, recommending, and administering it.
- Administers employee benefits programs i.e. retirement plans, tuition, personal and schooling loans.
- Implements controls over the eligibility and provision of such benefit plans to assure proper operational procedures as well as an effective and timely process flow.
- Supports management decisions in comparing and evaluating existing benefit plans with those of other competitors by studying other plans, conducting surveys, and other sources of information. Analyzes results of surveys and develops specific recommendations under the supervision of HR benefits director.
- Assists in developing specifications for new plans or modifies existing ones to satisfy employee as well as the organization needs.
- Installs approved amendments/changes, and new policies and procedures, by preparing announcement materials, and other media for communication with employees.
- Revises and reissues all related communication templates on benefits from time to time.
- Conducts employee meetings and arranges for enrollment of employees in different related plans. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including staff, faculty, and executives.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding (and their dependents as applicable) of benefit programs by, regularly generating communications and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee concerns and act as liaison with various plan providers, and fosters effective relationships with client representatives. Acts as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit and HR policies and regulations.
- Maintains employee records on SAP, prepares all correspondences and adjusts benefits status as necessary.
- Works as the benefits delegate on HRIS projects as well as on SAP issues on related benefit plans.
- Generates/completes reports as requested.
- Assists in the reconciliation of monthly pension transfers. Reviews monthly contributions and related investment allocation for accuracy, resolves discrepancies with payroll and the company, to ensure accuracy, and proper tax reporting including setting controls on annual limits. Assists in the development of departmental practices and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge and updates of current U.S. laws, especially internal revenue services (IRS) laws, to abide strongly with.
- Supports in the annual audit process, compliance testing, and filing 5500 form for the USD pension plan for US citizens/residents.
- Applies high controls over terminated employees’ clearance, especially for those having personal loan or any other AUC debt, to be settled against existing pension funds.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning responsibilities; following up on work results for HR benefits specialist.
- Maintains related benefits staff by assisting in the recruitment, selection, and orientation process, whenever applicable.
- Maintains related benefits staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining; monitoring, and appraising job results for HR benefits specialist.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BA degree in business management or any related field.
- Postgraduate diploma in human resources is an asset.
- Master’s degree is an asset.
Experience: Seven to ten years of experience in human resources practices.
- Experience in reporting, financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, leadership, organizational and presentation skills.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in comparing and recommending numerous solutions.
- Sound judgment to set priorities; evaluate results, coordinate work with other units.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Delegation and retaining employees.
Position is open until May 24 , 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001672 Officer, Benefits” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."