Manager, Compliance and Quality Control, Executive Education, Administration, School of Business 50019578
Reports to: Associate Dean for Executive Education/Director of Operations
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for ensuring that the services offered meet client expectations and internal requirements, to reach a leading position in local and regional markets. Managing the accreditation projects of the ExecEd. Liaise with other unites to ensure standards are being upheld throughout the ExecEd. Produce periodical reports on performance. Planning, conducting and reporting on internal audit activities. Manage the selection committee for hiring the best caliber of instructors in the market. Produce statistical reports on the ExecEd different activities.
ExecEd and School of Business Accreditations:
- Planning, leading and implementing the ExecEd accreditation process, and acting as the ExecEd focal point with the accrediting agencies.
- Developing the accreditation application forms, the self-assessment reports and preparing all supporting documents.
- Planning and conducting awareness sessions to ExecEd staff members.
- Planning and organizing the accrediting agencies evaluation visits.
- Ensuring that the ExecEd quality standards adhere to the accreditation agency’s standards.
- Developing and submitting the financial and non-financial accreditation annual reports in cooperation with the ExecEd Unit Directors and the School of Business Finance Office.
- Developing and submitting the application forms and documents needed for new programs.
- Creating a reliable filing system for all accreditation materials.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of accreditation requirements and developments.
- Developing the executive education part of the School of Business self-assessment report and and accreditation annual reports in addition to preparing the supporting documents required for the School of Business accreditation.
AUC Assessment and Planning:
- Developing the ExecEd assessment plan and reporting to the Office of Data Analytics and Institutional Research on the ExecEd assessment criteria.
- Uploading the ExecEd mission, vision, goals, and the strategic plan and its KPIs to AUC's compliance assist system.
- Developing the ExecEd self-assessment report for AUC's department review.
- Planning, handling and organizing AUC's department review audit visit.
Compliance and Internal Audit:
- Developing and updating the ExecEd policies and procedures.
- Supporting the implementation of the action items derived from ExecEd strategic plan.
- Presenting recommendations for improvement to the top management based on statistics gathered on programs, instructors and participants.
- Leading the internal efforts for the ExecEd process improvement and approving any suggested process improvement from procedure’s owner.
- Planning, developing and implementing the internal audit annual plan, and producing internal audit report(s) to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Conducting ad hoc inspection of (classes, attendance, exams, information and admission services, facilities, and venue of the ExecEd in general and classes in particular).
- Identifying compliance issues that require follow up or corrective action plans.
- Producing quarterly monitoring reports for all programs managers.
- Conducting periodical quality control exercises through producing questionnaires to instructors, participants, officers and management.
- Producing audit information; statistical data and recommending appropriate data-gathering mechanisms, procedures.
- Producing statistical data and writing narrative reports summarizing quality control findings.
- Ensuring approved standard forms are used.
- Producing quarterly quality control reports.
Top Management Review Meeting:
- Setting the meeting date and prepare the agenda.
- Preparing the necessary input documents with full analysis.
- Conducting the presentation of the issues that will be discussed.
- Producing top management review meeting report with actions.
- Following up on action items.
- Ensuring contract signature and documents collection before course starting date.
- Ensuring instructors’ acknowledgment of all academic and evaluation regulations.
- Updating instructors’ selection criteria and setting acceptance standards and implementation.
- Developing quantitative and qualitative questionnaires for evaluations.
- Producing evaluation electronic summary to be accessible to other institutes and units.
- Sub-contracting consultants to conduct instructors’ yearly professional evaluation.
- Organizing Instructors Learner-Centered Teaching Workshop and orientation sessions.
- Handling participants and other stakeholders complaints.
- Following-up with the concerned programs managers to handle the complaint in the specified time frame.
- Producing corrective and preventive actions for each complaint.
- Producing complaint log and supporting documentation.
- Developing an annual plan of activities.
- Producing monthly reports on all activities.
- Producing discrepancy reports.
- Producing internal audit reports.
- Other activities and projects assigned.
Participate and perform any other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- University degree is required.
- Postgraduate studies specialized in quality management (Total Quality Management, Six Sigma, etc).
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of quality assurance, human resource development (training).
well-grounded in modern quality management methods and techniques, preferably two of them in a managerial position.
- Proficiency in English language (oral/written).
- IT skills: excellent MS office and an understanding of office systems.
- Soft skills: Leadership skills, business development skills, communication and presentation skills, management capabilities, negotiations and problem solving skills, report writing skills, and ability to perform under stress.
Position is open until May 6 , 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50019578 Manager, Compliance & Quality Control” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."