Associate Vice President, Campus Services 50029564
Reports to: Executive Vice President for Management
Job Purpose: The associate vice president for campus services will be responsible for a wide range of University support services including facilities, operations, food services, sustainability, transportation and housing.
- The AVP is responsible for oversight of all campus services departments including: facilities and operations (including campus planning), faculty housing, transportation, food services, and sustainability.
- Assessment of efficiencies within each department is required with the goal being to optimize the services provided by each department while at the same time optimizing the functional and financial efficiencies.
- Within the campus services and within the university, the AVP will support open communication and address synergies to optimize the available skills and knowledge in support of the educational mission.
- The AVP will work collaboratively with other senior administrators across the University to ensure that all services are planned and delivered efficiently and to the highest standards.
- The AVP will work with national and international professional organizations, universities and governmental entities to optimize the services provided by each department within campus services and will support campus services department directors in such collaborative, learning interactions as well.
- Campus services will reach out to the internal and external communities to provide support and service as befitting the role of AUC within Cairo.
- Closer integration of campus services and development of long-term service plans with a strong emphasis on staff development will be early priorities.
Minimum Education Requirement: A minimum of an undergraduate degree in engineering, management or other relevant academic field from a US accredited university.
Experience: At least 15 years of progressive management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of planning, administration and budgeting within higher education is preferred.
- Outstanding strategic thinking and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, leadership and decision-making capabilities.
- Fluency in oral and written communication.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
Position is open until May 18, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50029564 Associate Vice President, Campus Services” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."