First Year Research Experience (FYRE) Panels
The First Year Research Experience (FYRE) panels feature oral presentations by freshman students who have completed research-based projects in any 1000-level course including the following: RHET 1020, Pathways 1, Pathways 2, Scientific Thinking, Philosophical Thinking, Seminar 1023, Seminar 1099, Seminar 1110 or any other 1000-level course.
- All students with 45 credit hours or below who have completed research at the freshman level.
Assessment Criteria for Abstract
- Clear research purpose, with well-articulated research question.
- Appropriateness of method to research question.
- Persuasive, logically-organized, adequately-supported research argument.
- Sound conclusion that offers an insight or original contribution.
- Citation of sources.
Deadline for Submissions
- March 10, 2018
- Applications will be evaluated by the FYRE Evaluation Committee.