Leading Effective Teams
A team is much more than a group, and to lead a team effectively a team manager or leader needs tools to optimize performance on both the individual level and the team level. This program exhibits the advantages of using teams, how to form effective teams by capitalizing on team development knowledge and Belbin framework applications, and how to lead individuals within the teams using personalized leadership approaches.
LEADERSHIP DEFINITION AND PRACTICES BUILDING AND MOTIVATING
• Teams vs. Groups
• Characteristics of effective teams
• Stages of team development
• Identifying key strengths and individual roles using the Belbin Model
• Motivation theories
• Motivational methods to align people and the organization
DEVELOPING THE WINNING TEAM
• High Impact Communication
- Effective two-way communication process
- Communication channels
- Assertiveness and communicating limits
• Effective Coaching
- Coaching for optimal performance
• Effective Delegation
- Characteristics of effective vs. ineffective delegators
- Enhancing your delegation skills
• Situational Leadership
• Develop high impact effective communication and build effective teams.
• Understand and avoid team inhibitors and use the natural stages of team development to accelerate team performance.
• Understand motivators to better mobilize team members.
• Identify team members' strengths, weaknesses, motivators and roles.
• Build a team with positive and common communication language.
• Boost team performance using effective delegation and coaching.
• Learn the application of the situational leadership model.
Who should attend: Leaders and Managers
Date: December 11 - 12, 2017
Time: 9:00 am - 3:45 pm
Duration: Two days
Venue: Room G007, Administration Building