A Day in the Life of a Student
Objective of the Competition
Challenging students’ creativity in showing their day on campus in a short video highlighting a random day’s activities, from attending classes, hanging out on campus, to using different AUC facilities.
Criteria for the Competition
- Maximum length of the video is 1 min
- Video should be submitted in HD resolution
- Videos can be shot using mobile cameras as long as it meets the previous criteria
- Language of entry: English
- Soundtrack: Non-copyrighted music. Any videos Facebook or YouTube takes down for copyright purposes are automatically disqualified.
- Complete form of submission (name, major, class standing, etc.) and attach along a YouTube link of your video
- This is an individual competition meaning one entry is permitted per person in the name of the person filling the form even if the contestant sought help in shooting or editing
- AUC Policies MUST NOT be violated while filming or editing. Any breaches disqualify the video from the competition
- Foul language is not tolerated
- All safety rules and regulations must be abided by, i.e. no jumping over walls, no use of prohibited items, do not access buildings or facilities after hours… etc.
Criteria for the Video
- Clear audio if you decide to do a voice over or narration
- You must obtain written consent of the people who appear in your video if they are identifiable individuals in a public space, or in a private space
- Be original and creative. The whole point is seeing the campus life and activities from your own perspective
How to Submit
- Video submissions should be sent via WeTransfer or Google Drive to email@example.com
- Please make sure you fill the form with your name, ID, major and the video link
There will be two stages to selecting the winners of the competition:
- First stage: A committee will shortlist submitted videos
- Second stage: The shortlisted videos will be posted on the OSE Facebook page for the whole AUC community to vote for
The winners’ videos will be featured on AUC’s official Facebook page and the owners of the videos will be rewarded.
Deadline of Competition
Please submit your videos by November 20, 2017.
- Avoid shaking
- Horizontal orientation of video shooting (not vertical)
- If you plan to do a voice over or narration, relatively quiet areas are advised
- You may want to make an outline or a storyboard before you start so as to save your time