Manager, Web Content for Schools and Academics, Provost Office (50030407)
Reports to: Provost and Director, Digital Communications
Purpose: The jobholder is responsible for managing the academic content presence on the website, including but not limited to the schools websites, provost’s webpage, academics and research gateways and research centers, ensuring that information is accurate, updated, easily accessible and reflective of academic activities and achievements. He/she is responsible to ensure that content across all schools are consistent, unified and clear. The jobholder will also be responsible for managing a maintenance system that guarantees regular update of academic, research and schools content on the website.
- Act as a content manager for all academic and schools pages on the website
- Handle schools’ requests, making sure that they are coordinated in an efficient way with regards to resources, time and needs
- Handle the migration process of the schools websites from the current system to Drupal
- Manage the schools websites to make sure that they are always updated with fresh, accurate and timely content, reflective of strategic goals of the schools and university in general
- Manage the research gateway and the provost’s website to make sure that they are always updated with fresh, accurate and timely content, reflective of strategic goals of the provost and university in general
- Make sure that all academics and schools’ content structure are consistent with AUC web standards and all updates abide by University web standards of optimization and usability
- Monitor the automated page expiry notification system for the pages she/he is in charge of to ensure the deletion of old pages with outdated content
- Be aware of web communications plans of schools to be approved before implementation
- Supervise all academics and schools webpages creation process to make sure the process is handled correctly, which includes: web write ups, creation of basic pages, updating content, images and documents, deletion of old pages/outdated content
- Handle the daily approvals of schools and academic content on the website
- Help in special projects assigned by the provost
Minimum Education Requirement: BA in journalism, English or a related communication field; MA preferred.
Experience: 7-10 years of professional experience in website management or communications. Experience working in higher education or non-profit institutions; knowledge of local culture is a plus
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Computer knowledge
- Knowledge of content management system
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the AUC community
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Writing and editing skills
- Advanced research skills
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups
- Ability to use independent judgment and to guide other content management users
- Ability to coordinate tasks, determine priorities, set deadlines and complete work accordingly
- Program development, management, evaluation and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
Position is open until October 29, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030407 Manager, Web Content for Schools and Academics” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."