Position Open for Housekeeping Coordinator
The housekeeping coordinator provides customer service to faculty, staff, students and visitors who use the areas under their care. They are responsible for making sure that the highest possible cleaning standards are maintained everyday, communicating daily with the occupants of the buildings/grounds and cleaning companies to which they are assigned, taking note of any special cleaning needs and maintaining a helpful and positive demeanor at all times.
- Walk each building and each location every day and make notes. To the extent possible every room and every location within assigned location should be visited each day.
- Many locations should be visited on a daily basis. All locations should be visited at least once every week. All bathrooms and all kitchenettes should be visited every day.
- Visit various departments randomly and ask how the cleaning is going and whether or not there are any special concerns and special cleaning needs that they may have. Be positive, helpful and professional. Make the visits and any questions brief, to the point and professional.
- Be aware of any events or meetings that are taking place within your location each week and in the two weeks ahead.
- Meet with the respective company representative each day to relay any items that need to be addressed. The interactions should be professional, helpful and supportive (the success of the two companies is as much our responsibility as it is their's.)
- Formally meet with the respective company representative each week to go over a written evaluation checklist, any deficiencies you have noted, any particularly good work that you have noted, any events or meetings that are coming up for which additional attention may be required and any other important communication.
- Remain positive and helpful at all times -- first to all the occupants and users of the buildings and second to the companies providing the cleaning service.
- Communicate regularly with the building occupants.
- Communicate daily with the respective company manager.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with building occupants and the respective company manager.
- Report any issues of concern with faculty, staff, students, visitors, contractors or either company immediately to directly to the associate director, housekeeping (New Cairo Campus) or the director of buildings and grounds (Tahrir Square Campus), preferably in writing.
- Look professional every day.
Minimum Education Requirement: Secondary degree is required.
- Five years of experience in the same field.
- Work knowledge of related educational institutions or universities will be an asset.
- Interpersonal and leadership.
- Good command in English language and computer skills,
- Time management and supervisory skills.
- Team leading skills
- Customer services skills.
Position is open until October 3, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com with “Housekeeping Coordinator” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."