Coordinator, Athletics (10001850)
Reports to: Manager, Athletics Facilities and Equipment
Purpose: Supervises the indoor and outdoor facilities. Maintains gym equipment and facilities, enhances users’ awareness of fitness. Provides on site, direct supervision of all recreational programs for the AUC community.
- Maintain constant surveillance of patrons in and around the athletics indoor and outdoor facilities. Acts immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of patrons in the event of an emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Implement and enforce emergency action plans and facility policies.
- Enforce policies related to membership levels, hours of operation and all other regulations for use of the sports area.
- Certify that routine cleaning of the athletic area and equipment has been performed as required.
- Complete a daily checklist of safety and maintenance needs which is regularly reported to the Indoor Manager
- Check the efficiency of gym equipment and machines and the gym's cleanliness daily. Prepare weekly report on all gyms` equipment maintenance and directly get in contact with the maintenance engineers. Test the machine several times after the maintenance procedures.
- Assist in the lineup of students at the AUC commencement ceremony.
- Carry out any additional assignments by the Athletics Director and/or Manager of Facilities and Equipment.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Three to five years of experience including two years of previous experience in personal training or supervision of weight room facilities
- Good command of English and Arabic languages.
- Good knowledge of PC H/W maintenance.
Position is open until August 15, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001850 Coordinator, Athletics” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."