All About Coronavirus
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV).
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is a new strain that was discovered in 2019 and has not been previously identified in humans.
All About Coronavirus
How to Protect Yourself
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Everyday preventive actions such as:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
COVID-19 Useful Resources
Direct Flights to the U.S. Now Available from Egypt Air ---US Embassy in Cairo, March 28
Flights Available Departing Egypt Via London 3/29- and Paris 3/31 -----US Embassy in Cairo, March 28
Shift to Remote Learning: The Human Element---- Inside Higher Ed, March 28
Race to Find COVID-19 Treatments Accelerates----Science Magazine, March 27
World Health Organization Launching Whatspp Alerts in Arabic, Spanish and French---World Health Organizations, March 27
Egypt announces two-week curfew, suspends transport to combat Coronavirus ----Ahram Online, March 24
How to Recover the Joy of Teaching After an Online Pivot----Chronicles of Higher Ed, March 26
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Egypt Cares
- US Embassy in Egypt Alerts
- Global Research on Coronavirus
- Egyptian Cabinet Information Website (in Arabic)
- Egyptian Cabinet Facebook Page
- Coronavirus Tracker
These articles and links on Coronavirus are from different internet resources. AUC provides these links to enhance the awareness of its community. AUC is not liable for the validity or accuracy of its content.