The Gender and Women Studies (IGWS) Fellowships
The Gender and Women Studies (IGWS) fellowships provide full or partial tuition support to students who demonstrate academic merit and need of financial support. The highly competitive fellowships in gender and women's studies will provide students with the opportunity to work with a faculty member on research and other professional endeavors.
- Full admission to the Master's program in gender and women's studies
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale or very good grade point average from an Egyptian university; if grades are lower, a rationale must be provided in the written statement
- Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate potential academic qualifications, professional experience
- Financial need
- The fellowship is awarded for up to two semesters and is subject to renewal for a second academic year as per availability of funds.
- The academic performance of awarded fellows is subject to review every semester.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for three courses, or partial tuition for up to two courses, or less
Responsibilities of Fellows
In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned eight hours per week of related research work. Research work is intended to provide support for IGWS scholarly interests and provide professional development and research mentorship to fellows.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
April 15 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester.
Important Note: Applicants are required to provide a written statement in which they should indicate their research and professional experience, as well as professional goals. Any financial challenges should be indicated in the written statement.
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.