The Advancement of Science Fellowship
The Advancement of Science Fellowship Fund Program is offered at The American University in Cairo (AUC) represented by its School of Science and Engineering (SSE). The fund aims to partially support talented and financially disadvantaged students who wish to pursue graduate studies in Physics or in any other field of science and engineering. This includes Master of Science, Master of Engineering, PhD in Science and PhD in Engineering.
- Open to all nationalities
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering from an accredited university, with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Relevant scientific research background
- Financial need
One semester subject to review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
Fellows are assigned up to eight hours per week of related academic work.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A teaching assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about teaching assistantship, click here
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester - October 15 for the spring semester.
For inquiries, email send an email