The Big Picture Strategic Thinking and Planning”
Participants in this course are expected to learn the fundamentals of becoming strategic thinkers. This will be done by allowing them to holistically view the organization by understanding the different variables and environmental perspectives. Participants in this course will learn about the intra-organizational environment, the mediating environment and the macro-environment, all within the context of both local and international changes
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand how culture impacts strategy and how to navigate corporate culture.
- Prepare for strategic leadership through understanding personal leadership style.
- Include strategic thinking preferences and tendencies.
- Learn how to undertake strategic intelligence gathering and analysis of the current Business environment.
- Recognize strategy formulation approaches.
- Acquire an understanding of strategic master project planning.
- Comprehend the variables of strategy implementation including common Implementation pitfalls.
- Analyze the strategy execution gap within their own organization/department.
- Grasp the concepts of strategy monitoring, reviewing and updating strategy.
Competencies covered: Accountability, managing performance and leadership
Workshop Duration: One day
Audience: Managers and directors
Date: March 8, 2017
Time: 9:00 am - 3:45 pm
Venue: Administration Building, Ground Floor, Room G007
Training Provider: School of Global Affairs and Public Policy Executive Education, AUC