Assistant Technician, Physics Department (Grant Position)
Reports to: Provost
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for preparing, setting up, carrying out and storing lab equipment, as well as assisting in Fun lab performances inside and outside AUC.
He/she carries out the purchasing of needed supplies and consumables from the local market.
- Provides support in laboratory and experimental set-up
- Cleans the laboratory benches, fume hoods, and sorts the area around the instruments.
- Prepares glassware used in the analysis, experiments and sampling according to the properly documented methods.
- Helps to prepare the science shows.
- Purchases small supplies and materials as specified by technicians.
- Makes sure that equipment is safely guarded and securely locked up after use.
- Assists the secretary in handling paperwork and messages to and from various offices on campus.
- Carries out any additional tasks assigned by the supervisors.
Minimum education requirement: Intermediate diploma
Experience: Three to five years of experience including two years in related fields
- English language familiarity
- Good technical skills in proper and safe handling of equipment.
- Familiar with safety precautions within a physics lab environment
- Good interpersonal skills and capability of work under stress
The position is open until January 12, 2020
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Assistant Technician, Physics Department” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.