Access Service Coordinator (50020773)
Reports to: Associate Director, Access Services and Tahrir Library
Purpose: Under the general direction of the Associate Director, Access Services and Tahrir Library, the job holder delivers high-quality information service to the AUC Library across service points, both physical and virtual, and is responsible for the interpretation of policies and procedures to users and for providing information about access to collections and space. He/she will ensure that students, staff and faculty connect with Library resources, both print and online, and obtains the information that patrons need to meet their learning and research goals.
- Provides an inquiry service to users in person, by phone or by email and refers to other problems to the appropriate person
- Helps patrons locate information both in the library's print and online collections
- Handles the search forms for the unallocated circulated materials and notifies patrons concerning the status of books
- Using MilCirc, charges and discharges library materials to users with borrowing privileges. Processes hold and recalls checked out materials
- Inputs and updates item or user information to appropriate files as needed. Issues and returns circulated items at the desk
- Helps patrons’ use the self-check system for issuing and returning library material
- Issues clearances to users as required
- Keeps track of borrowing and lending statistics for assessment Circulate Laptops as per the library and university procedure Services differently enabled users in the Accessibility Hub
Library Collection Administration
- Maintains accurate patrons’ records on the Library Management System. Issues fine notification to be sent to the account office
Records receipt of resources
- Ability to provide service as per the library morning or evening shifts
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree is required.
Experience: Up to three years of experience.
- High proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Good customer service skills
- Proficiency in English both written and verbal communication
- Very good computer skills, including the use of basic Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Familiarity with the Internet and finding information online
- Excellent team participant
- Confident at interacting with customers
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to use initiative
- Attention to detail
This position is open until December 10, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50020773 Access Service Coordinator” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”